How is Greenheart Travel helping us travel for a change?
Greenheart Travel believes that travel is more than any single adventure; it is a way of life. When you study, teach or volunteer abroad on one of our full immersion programs, you are embarking on a journey that will significantly impact your global perspective and directly contribute to a more tolerant, peaceful and environmentally healthy world. Greenheart Travel also deeply cares for the welfare of the planet and is the leading cultural exchange organization in acting as an exemplary model for environmentally friendly and sustainable travel practices.
Our Cultural Immersion Projects Abroad:
- High School Abroad: Greenheart Travel assists American and Canadian high school students ages 15-18 years in studying abroad in host communities around the world. As the only cultural exchange organization that incorporates social and environmental awareness into our mission, our exchange programs are more than just an experience in a new country in classroom, students have a chance to volunteer and earn service hours through our Greenheart Club program. Students live with a local host family and experience full immersion into their host community while living for a trimester, semester or academic year abroad.
- Language Immersion Programs: Everyone learns differently when it comes to picking up a new language. Greenheart Travel offer 3 different language immersion programs ranging from structured classroom instruction to learning through living the culture. Teens who thrive in a school setting can participate in our Language School Camps around the world learning French, Italian, German or Spanish. English speaking adults 18 and older who are looking for experiential learning opportunities have the chance to spend 1-3 months participating on our Teach in a Homestay Programs.
- Teach Abroad: Citizen of the US, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, or South Africa who are native English speakers can get paid to travel abroad by participating as an English teacher in a foreign country. For travelers who want to make the most of their global classroom experience, Greenheart Travel offers TEFL Certification opportunities online and in-country to better prepare travelers for their teaching positions.
- Volunteer Abroad: Teens and adults can truly make a positive impact at a global scale at one of our diverse volunteer projects around the world. With a focus on environmental, community building, education and mentoring and women’s empowerment projects, we hope to offer experiential learning through service while providing practical development for both the local community and our volunteer.
- Work Abroad: Students 18-30 years old can work abroad in New Zealand or Australia for up to one year and earn money to pay for their adventures abroad.
Greenheart Travel helps participants go beyond the travel experience by offering our travelers the opportunity to make a positive impact in their host community through our Global Greenheart Initiative. Our Carbon Offset Program is another way we alleviate the environmental impact of travel. We donate a portion of your program fee to one of our Greenheart projects to help offset the carbon emissions a trip abroad will create.
For information or questions about our diverse cultural exchange projects around the world, please email us or give us a call at 1-888-ABROAD-1.
Travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living.
— Miriam Beard