What does it mean to be “The Greenheart of Cultural Exchange”?
Since 1985, Greenheart Exchange has offered cultural exchange programs in the U.S. that connect Americans with international students. As the leading nonprofit cultural exchange sponsor that blends service learning and volunteerism into all of our programs, we are effectively creating a community of compassionate and conscious global citizens. Through our unique Greenheart Club, Greenheart Exchange encourages our American and international participants to make a difference through active participation in environmental and social service projects.
Our cultural programs:
- Public and private high school exchanges: International high school students live with volunteer American host families for up to 10 months and attend public high school.
- Short-term ESL and American Culture programs: A unique opportunity for individuals or small groups to live with an American host family for up to 4 weeks and immerse themselves in an American community.
- ESL summer camp: The Greenheart English Camp provides exceptional ESL instruction on a beautiful boarding school campus in Northern California.
- Intern and trainees: American business can internationalize their workplace by hosting an international intern or trainee in a variety of occupational fields.
- Summer work travel: International university students work temporary, seasonal jobs in American businesses during their main summer break while interacting with American coworkers and the community.
Greenheart Exchange is designated by the Department of State as a sponsor of the J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa. Our CEO, Laura Rose, is a board member of the Alliance for International Exchange.
Inspired by the Greenheart spirit of service, our staff plays an integral part in our mission by volunteering throughout the year at food pantries, community gardens, or literacy programs. Our offices in Chicago incorporates socially responsible business practices into our every day routine.
No one has yet improved on the effectiveness of educational and cultural exchanges as a catalyst to open minds, open eyes, and open doors to understanding… Exchanges are an investment in exploring the ideas and experiences that can unite us in common, peaceful purposes.
— Senator Patrick Leahy (D-VT)