Run for a Reason
Ready to get in shape and help change a life? Join Team Greenheart to run in the 17th Annual Chicago Half Marathon on Sunday, Sept. 8, 2013.
Team Greenheart runners are running and fundraising to support Greenheart Travel’s Environmental Service Learning Scholarship (ESLS). ESLS provides economically disadvantaged Chicago high school students with a special two-week environmental and cultural immersion program in Costa Rica, forwarding their education and inspiring life-long global citizenship. While you run, sweat, and burn, you will know that every step is giving an unforgettable opportunity to a young person and creating a new leader for Chicago.
- When is the race? Sunday, September 8th
- How do you register? Fill out the Team Greenheart inquiry form below to receive more detailed information about discounted registration and team fundraising.
- How much do you need to fund raise? Each Team Greenheart runner is raising $50 per mile ($650 total). That means you need just 13 people to give $50 to meet your goal. And don’t worry: Greenheart will provide you with a fundraising guide full of tips, templates and fun ideas to get you started!
10 reasons to run with Team Greenheart:
1. Raise money for a great cause! What changes life more than travel? Support the Environmental Service Learning Scholarship.
2. You’ll receive Greenheart staff support. We will encourage you with inspiring emails, team camaraderie, and a training plan.
3. You’ll get a Greenheart running top. This high wicking, Greenheart running top is a perfect edition to your running gear.
4. Get in shape! Running is down right good for you. Running encourages weight loss, better health, good moods and relieves stress.
5. Meet new people. Greenheart is throwing a celebration for all Team Greenheart runners. During the week of the race on Thursday, Sept. 5, 2013, Greenheart is planning a party for you! Invite friends and meet new ones.
6. Free ticket to Greenheart Launch Party! On May 3, 2013, you will be a guest of honor at the Greenheart Launch party–a massive soiree celebrating all things Greenheart.
7. Races are fun. Running races are like no other. Crossing that finish line brings a sense of accomplishment that is not easily replicated. Plus with Team Greenheart you’ll be finishing the race for a cause, making that last step even sweeter.
8. Run on Lake Shore Drive. The Chicago Half Marathon is the only running race in Chicago that closes down Lake Shore Drive just for you! Experience running on one of the most famous roads in the United States with a prime lake view.
9. You’ll experience transformation in action. Running a race is a big commitment, and with the fundraising component, you are taking on a very important goal! In the process you will gain skills like time management, fundraising, and endurance.
10. You can sign up with a reduced registration fee. By running for a cause, you receive $5 off registration.